1- General information
2 – Who is the personal data controller?
Arno-Remmen AB, with Corp ID. no. 556775-7884 and postal address Box 6, 681 21 Kristinehamn (referred to in this policy as “Arno-Remmen”) is the controller in relation to the processing of your personal data. This responsibility comprises the occasions when Arno-Remmen supplies and markets products and services, as well as in other contacts with Arno-Remmen, such as visits to our web shop or service cases via e-mail and telephone. As controller, Arno-Remmen is responsible for ensuring that your data is processed correctly and securely according to applicable legislation.
3 – What personal data do we process?
Arno-Remmen collects and processes the following categories of personal data about you as a customer or potential customer when you request a quotation, make a purchase and when we market and sell our products and services.
- Contact details such as name, title and attestation rights, e-mail address, delivery address, invoicing address and phone number.
- Account information such as customer number and when the account was registered.
- Customer options for marketing communication and personal offers.
- Identification number, i.e. personal identity number or corporate identification number.
- Order information such as order number, products or services ordered, order date, price, discount and purchasing history.
- Payment details such as payment method, transaction date, amount and payment history.
- Financial information such as credit checks.
- Correspondence and other information related to support cases such as notes and e-mail messages when contacting customer service.
- User-generated data about your interaction with Arno-Remmen’s marketing communication and websites, e.g. IP address, device information (technical information about the computer, mobile phone and other devices you use, for example browser settings, time zone, operating system), location information, replies to questionnaires, and click and visit history that includes which goods and offers you have been interested in, how you interact with our newsletters, which of our events you have been registered for and attended, as well as results from market/customer satisfaction surveys.
- Data provided in competition entries as well as registration for and evaluation of events or other marketing measures including health data such as data on allergies.
4 – From which sources do we collect data about you as a customer?
- Arno-Remmen collects your personal data directly from you when you place an order, visit Arno-Remmen’s website, attend our events, click on links in our digital marketing that has been sent to you, communicate with our customer service or contact Arno-Remmen in any other way and provide information about yourself. Personal data is collected on these occasions to enable you to enter into an agreement with Arno-Remmen and enable Arno-Remmen to offer its products and services to you
- In addition to the data that Arno-Remmen collects from you, we can also collect personal data from others, i.e. from third parties. We obtain data on credit ratings from credit agencies and information companies, e.g. UC.
- Arno-Remmen also collects certain personal data via cookies which log how you use our website and thus which content you prefer.
5 – Why do we process data about you?
Arno-Remmen collects and processes data about you for various purposes. These purposes set the limit for our use of your personal data. Below, we explain the purposes of our processing and provide examples of processing activities that may take place under each purpose. Note that some of your personal data may be processed for multiple purposes.
a) To manage orders and purchases
Processing of personal data for this purpose includes activities to identify you, send order confirmations, manage payments for products and goods ordered, as well as assess which payment methods we can offer you (based on contact details, goods ordered, payment history and financial information), deliver orders, send delivery notifications and handle complaints and warranty cases for products and services purchased. Our collection and processing of personal data to manage your orders and purchases is required to fulfil our obligations pursuant to Arno-Remmen’s general sales terms. If the data is not provided by you, we cannot fulfil our obligations and may decline the order or purchase.
b) To provide information about and market products and services
We process personal data for this purpose in order to inform you by post, e-mail, SMS/MMS and phone about and market the products, services and offers that Arno-Remmen sells, display recommendations as well as provide invitations to events, competitions and market/customer satisfaction surveys.
c) To administer and manage participation in events, competitions and other marketing activities
Processing of personal data for this purposes includes measures to, for example, identify attendees, communicate with competition participants as well as elect winners and deliver prizes as well as communicate with attendees before and after an event (e.g. confirmation of registration, reminders and evaluations). Note that information about your participation in any event is included in the category of user-generated data, which is processed for other purposes.
d) To manage cases for Arno-Remmen’s support functions
Processing of personal data for this purpose includes Arno-Remmen’s activities to, for example, communicate, verify customer’s identity, investigate complaints and other support cases, reply to questions received by customer service or other support functions via e-mail, phone or digital channels, rectify incorrect data, provide technical support and attend to the customer relationship.
e) To fulfil legal obligations
Personal data is processed for this purpose in order for Arno-Remmen to fulfil legal requirements pursuant to laws and regulations, court judgements, and governmental decisions. Examples of such requirements include product liability and product safety, such as communication and information about product alerts and product recalls (e.g. in the event of defects or products that are harmful to your health) and archiving requirements according to the Accounting Act. If the necessary data that Arno-Remmen collects for this purpose is not provided, we cannot fulfil our legal obligations, so we may decline your order, purchase or other activity that gives rise to our legal obligations.
f) To avoid misuse, as well as to avoid, prevent and investigate crimes within the framework of our operations
Processing of personal data for this purpose includes prevention, avoidance and investigation of suspicions of theft and fraud. So when you want to pay for goods by invoice, we perform a fraud check where we analyse which products you want to purchase, delivery address, the value of the products etc. We flag up patterns of behaviour which often occur in connection with fraud and then conduct a manual test to investigate the risk that it might be an attempted fraud. Suspicion of crime and attempted crime may be reported to the police.
g) To evaluate, develop and improve Arno-Remmen’s products, services and systems
Processing of personal data for this purpose includes activities to, for example, develop or highlight digital functions, improve our customer offering (e.g. development of services and products), produce data to improve the flows of goods and logistics (e.g. to forecast purchases, stock and deliveries), develop and improve the company’s product range and resource efficiency, improve our IT systems to enhance security, generate statistics for market and customer analyses, business follow-up and business and method development related to orders and purchases, automatic archiving of behaviour that may need to be examined for security reasons, and provide customers with the opportunity to influence Arno-Remmen’s product range. To fulfil this purpose, Arno-Remmen performs general analyses in aggregated form, i.e. not at individual level, relating to, for example, click and visit behaviour, device information, order history, geographical location and feedback from individual customers.
6 – What are the legal bases for our processing of your personal data?
For Arno-Remmen o lawfully collect and process your data, we must have a legal basis for each purpose for which the data is processed. The legal bases for our processing purposes are described in this section. Note that several legal bases may be applicable to the same processing activity.
a) Legal obligation
This basis signifies that our processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that is required of Arno-Remmen, for example, to record payment details in order to fulfil the requirements of the Accounting Act.
b) Contractual obligations
This basis signifies that our processing is necessary for either the performance of a contract to which you as a customer are a party or to take steps prior to entering into a contract at a later stage. In connection with an order or a purchase, we process your data in order to fulfil obligations in accordance with Arno-Remmen’s general sales terms. It may then be necessary for Arno-Remmen to, for example, register your contact details so that we can fulfil our obligation to deliver the product or service, and conduct a credit check if you choose invoice as a payment method so we can confirm your creditworthiness.
c) Legitimate interests
This basis signifies that our processing is based on a so-called balancing of legitimate interests. This means that the processing is necessary based on our assessment that Arno-Remmen has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interest not to have your personal data processed. On this basis, we process your personal data to, for example, avoid, prevent and investigate crimes within the framework of our operations. If we believe that a crime or an attempted crime has been committed and we submit a report to the police, Arno-Remmen will also continue to process your personal data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
7 – How long do we retain your personal data?
Arno-Remmen will store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data is being processed. So, the retention period depends on the purpose for which the data is being processed. Arno-Remmen may also store data for a longer period if it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, e.g. if there is an on-going dispute or a crime has been reported to the police. We perform regular disposals and delete personal data that it is no longer necessary to process.
8 – Overview of our personal data processing
Below is a table of our personal data processing activities in order to provide you with a clear overview of which personal data categories we process for our various purposes, the legal basis on which our processing is based and how long we retain the data.
|Purpose||Legal Basis||Category of personal data||Retention time|
To manage your orders and purchases
Contractual obligations pursuant to Arno-Remmen's general terms of sale
5 years after your last order has been paid for
To provide information about and market products and services
Contractual obligations pursuant to Arno-Remmen's general terms of sale
As long as you are a customer of Arno-Remmen
To provide information about and market products and services
1 year after the end of the event or competition
To manage cases for customer service and other support functions
Five years after the last contact in the case or, if the warranty period for product or service to which the case refers is longer, after the period has expired.
To fulfil legal obligations such as requirements in the Accounting Act, product liability and the protection of your personal data in our systems
For as long as we are obliged to save the data in accordance with applicable law or governmental decision
9 – With whom do we share your personal data?
a) Arno-Remmen may share your data with other companies to provide you with our offers, products and services. The recipients of your personal data may be either processors for Arno-Remmen, i.e. companies that process your data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, or independent controllers, i.e. companies that are independently responsible for the processing of your data as they have a direct relation with you as a customer.
b) Arno-Remmen may also share your data with governmental authorities if necessary to comply with laws, regulations or governmental decision, or for Arno-Remmen to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
c) Depending on how you have interacted with Arno-Remmen, e.g. whether you receive marketing communication, Arno-Remmen may provide your personal data to the following recipients:
- Companies that provide information from the national population register or other public records to ensure that we have correct contact details for you, so we can process your orders and purchases. The data supplied includes identity numbers and contact details based on our contractual obligations to you as the legal basis.
- Analysis and marketing companies that provide services such as automated marketing tools, analyses, communication, printing and distribution. These recipients assist Arno-Remmen in analysing your data as well as marketing and informing you about the goods and services that Arno-Remmen sells. The data supplied includes contact details, account information, customer options, order details and user-generated data based on legitimate interest.
- Governmental authorities such as the police or the national tax agency, to which we are obliged to provide your personal data either pursuant to legal requirements or governmental decisions or because of reporting suspected crime or attempted crime. The categories of data provided are contact details, identity numbers, account information, order information, payment details and user-generated data based on Arno-Remmen’s legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
d) If you have placed an order with or make a purchase from Arno-Remmen, we may also provide your personal data to the following recipients to manage your orders and purchases based on our contractual obligations towards you as the legal basis:
- Suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and subcontractors of products and services that Arno-Remmen sells which, for example, provide the products and services and help us with support services such as the maintenance, repair and scrapping of returned products. The data provided is contact details and order information.
- Logistic companies and freight carriers that provide us with transport services so we can deliver our products and services to you. We provide contact details and order information to these recipients.
- Business partners and suppliers of payment solutions, e.g. banks, credit institutions and other financial actors, which ensure that you can make payments and offer you different financing solutions. The personal data provided is contact details, identity numbers and payment details.
- Credit rating institutions, credit agencies or banks that provide us with information so we can assess your creditworthiness, e.g. credit reports, when you apply for credit in relation to managing your orders and purchases. The data provided is identity number.
- Companies that provide financial services such as ledger for accounts payable and receivable or debt collection to ensure that Arno-Remmen receives payment for delivered products and services when managing your orders and purchases. The data disclosed is contact details, identity numbers, order information and payment details.
e) Arno-Remmen will not sell your personal data to any third party without your consent to do so.
10 – Where do we store your personal data?
Arno-Remmen will primarily process your data within the EU/EEA. But we may also transfer your personal data to a country outside the EU/EEA if we need to share your data with Arno-Remmen’s suppliers or business partners that are outside or store personal data in a country outside the EU/EEA. If your personal data is transferred to a country outside the EU/EEA, Arno-Remmen will take the necessary measures in order to transfer the personal data legally by ensuring that your personal data is processed securely and with an adequate level of protection that is comparable with the protection offered within the EU/EEA, for example by creating an agreement with the recipient that includes the EU Commission’s standard contract clauses or, if data is transferred to the USA, by ensuring that the recipient is certified to observe the principles set out in the Privacy Shield.
11 – What are your rights as a registered customer?
Arno-Remmen is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed in accordance with current legislation. This section describes your rights associated with our processing of your personal data. At your request or on our own initiative we will rectify, anonymise, delete or supplement data that is discovered to be incorrect, incomplete or misleading. If you have any questions about this or wish to exercise a right, please contact us via the contact details at the end of this policy.
a) Right to access your personal data
At Arno-Remmen we want to be open about how we process your personal data. If you would like an insight into our processing of data about you, you have the right to request information about the processing activity, including a copy of your personal data that is being processed, what is referred to as a register extract. This includes information about purpose, categories of personal data, categories of recipients of personal data, storage period or criteria for how the storage period is defined, information about where data has been collected from and the existence of automated decision-making, including information about the logic behind and the significance of the processing activity. Note that when there is a request for access we may ask for additional data about you to ensure that we are disclosing the data to the correct person and to clarify which data you wish to access. The register extract is free of charge, although in the event of repeated requests Arno-Remmen has the right to charge an administrative fee of SEK 100.
b) Right to correction of your personal data
It is very important to Arno-Remmen that it collects accurate and updated personal data. If we have collected incorrect personal data from you, you have the right to request that it be corrected. You also have the right to supplement any incomplete personal data, e.g. if we have the correct street address but do not have the house number. At your request, we will rectify the incorrect or incomplete data we are processing about you as quickly as possible.
c) Right to deletion of your personal data
We respect that the personal data we are processing has been borrowed from you. You therefore have the right to request that Arno-Remmen delete your personal data if the data has been processed in an illegal way, must be deleted to fulfil a legal obligation to which Arno-Remmen is subject, is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it has been processed or when you object to a balancing of legitimate interest performed by Arno-Remmen and there is no legitimate interest for Arno-Remmen or a third party that carries greater weight (see section f below for information about the right to object). We are, however, not always able to approve your request as there may be reasons that give us the right to process data, e.g. if the personal data is being processed to fulfil a legal obligation as the legal basis, such as a requirement of the applicable Accounting Act, or if the data is necessary to confirm, submit or defend legal claims.
d) Right to data portability
You have the right to a copy of your personal data in a structured format and in certain cases to have the data transferred to another controller. This right, however, only relates to data that you yourself submitted to Arno-Remmen and that we are processing with the support of your consent or a contractual obligation towards you as legal basis.
e) Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that our processing of your personal data be restricted in certain situations, which means that the data may only be processed for certain purposes. You can, for example, request a restriction of incorrect data when you have requested correction. During the period when Arno-Remmen is investigating the correctness of the data, the processing of it will be restricted.
f) Right to object to a certain kind of processing
When Arno-Remmen processes your personal data based on a balancing of legitimate interest as legal basis or for direct marketing, you have the right to object to our processing activity. An objection to Arno-Remmen’s balancing of interest can be submitted when you have personal reasons that relate to the situation. In the event of such an objection, Arno-Remmen assesses whether our legitimate reasons for processing carry more weight than your interest in protecting your privacy. If this is the case, Arno-Remmen may continue to process your personal data even though you have objected to the processing activity. You can submit an objection to direct marketing and analyses performed for direct marketing purposes without having to state a reason. You are also given the opportunity to decline marketing in each individual digital mailing. If you object to direct marketing, we will cease the processing of your personal data for that purpose as well as all kinds of direct marketing measures such as sending newsletters and special offers. If you only decline personalized offers, marketing communication to you will be general, as we find it difficult to assess which kind of marketing is relevant for you if we are unable to analyse your personal characteristics.
If you believe that we are processing your personal data in an incorrect way, you are welcome to contact us. Our contact details can be found at the end of this policy. You also have the right to submit any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data to the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen), which is the supervisory authority responsible for the processing of personal data in Sweden.
12 – How do we keep your personal data secure?
You should always feel safe when you provide us with your personal data. Arno-Remmen has therefore taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your personal data against unlawful or accidental disclosure, use, access, destruction, alteration or harm to your personal data. For example, all customer data is stored in a database protected by firewall and access control so only employees within Arno-Remmen who need access to your personal data to perform specific tasks have such access.
14 – Contact details
Telephone number: +46 (0)550-159 00
Telephone hours weekdays 07:00 – 16:00.